It’s that time of year again! PPSD is seeking nominations for the 2016 Teacher of the Year award and we need your help! We ask members of the community to nominate an outstanding Providence public school teacher. A teacher may be nominated by anyone in the community – a fellow teacher, administrator, colleague, student, parent or community member with knowledge of the nominee’s professional skill and commitment.
Nominees must posses the following qualities:
- Be knowledgeable in their content area.
- Be a master at instructional delivery.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to inspire students from all backgrounds with multiple learning abilities.
- Be respected by their students, parents, peers and colleagues.
- Be active in the community.
- Be articulate in state and national educational issues.
- Be a model representative of their teaching colleagues in the Providence Public Schools.
- Have at least five years of teaching experience.
How to Nominate a Teacher:
- Write a letter or email to the selection committee describing why your candidate deserves to be the Teacher of the Year and describe how your nominee demonstrates the characteristics listed above. Letters in any language of the nominator’s choosing are welcome.
- All nominations must be received by March 11, 2016. Letters should be addressed to Doris De Los Santos, Executive Director of Development, Partnerships & Engagement, 797 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903. Emails should be sent to Doris at Doris.email@example.com, with “Teacher of the Year 2016” in the subject line.
The 2016 Teacher of the Year is expected to be announced by no later than May 27, 2016. If you have questions about the nomination process please e-mail at Doris De Los Santos at firstname.lastname@example.org.